WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
If, upon visiting our Site, your use is limited to browsing our Site, we will not collect any personally identifiable information from you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. However, we may request personal information from you (“User”) at all other times (hereinafter referred to as “Personal Information”). For example:
• If you decide to purchase any products from the Site, we will collect Personal Information about you. HHC uses BankCard USA, an online eCommerce platform to support customer purchasing of products from the Site. BankCard USA employs a variety of security and risk management technologies to facilitate secure online transactions and to protect your information. You can find more information about BankCard USA at https://bankcardusa.com/merchant-services/. Any payments are processed by payment processing providers that are PCI/DSS-compliant. If you purchase any goods or services through our Site, your credit card information will be transferred to BankCard USA for processing. You can find more information about BankCard USA at https://www.bankcardusa.com/ecommerce-payment-gateways/
• If you enroll in any and all accounts through the Site, we may ask that you provide us with certain personal information, including, your first name, last name, email address, credit card number, expiration date, mailing address, and telephone number.
• If you post to our discussion forums or blogs that may exist from time to time, we will ask that you provide us with your name, e-mail address, and password.
• If you want to enter any sweepstakes, contests or promotions sponsored by us or by one of our business partners, we will need your name, e-mail address and other information as may be required by the rules of the specific contest.
• If you choose to participate in a survey conducted by us or by one of our business partners, we may ask for your name, e-mail address and other information as may be required by the particular survey.
• If you report a problem or submit a review, we will ask that you provide your name, e-mail address, address, and phone number. Should you contact us for any reason other than to report a problem and/or submit a review, we may also keep a record and/or copy of your correspondence with us.
Like most websites, we may collect information through commonly used information-gathering tools, including without limitation, cookies and pixel tags (also called web beacons or clear gifs). Cookies are small packets of data that a website stores on your computer’s hard drive so that your computer will “remember” information about your visit. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of website users.
There are different types of cookies that service different functions and may be used by HHC to collect information:
Session cookies are used to identify a particular visit to the Site and collect information about your interaction with the Site. These cookies expire after a short time or when the user closes their web browser after using the sites. HHC uses these cookies to identify a user during a single browsing session, such as when you log into the sites. This helps HHC improve the Site and its products as well as improve the users’ browsing experience.
A persistent cookie will remain on a user’s device for a set period of time specified in the cookie. HHC uses these cookies to identify and recognize a specific user over a longer period of time. They allow HHC to:
• analyze the usage of the Site (e.g. what links users click on) in order to improve our offering;
• test different versions of the sites to see which particular features or content users prefer to optimize the sites;
• provide a more personalized experience to users with more relevant content and course recommendations; and
• allow users to more easily log in to use the sites and Products and Services.
Examples of persistent cookies include: (i) preferences cookies to remember information about a user’s browser and settings preferences, such as preferred language – preference cookies make a user’s experience more functional and customized, (ii) authentication and security cookies to enable a user to log in or stay logged in to access the sites and Products and Services, to protect user accounts against fraudulent log-ins by others and to help detect and protect against abuse or unauthorized usage of user accounts and (iii) functional cookies to make the experience of using the sites and Products and Services better, like remembering the sound volume level selected by the user.
The purpose of cookies and other commonly used information gathering tools is to record information that identifies your computer, to track your use of our Site, and to collect certain basic information about you and your surfing habits, whenever you visit our Site. This information includes information about your operating system, your IP addresses, browser type and language, referring and exit pages and URLs, keywords, date and time, amount of time spent on particular pages, what sections of a website you visit, mobile device you use, mobile device unique ID, IP address of the mobile device, and similar information concerning your use of the Site (the “Usage Information”).
You can block or delete these cookies by changing the Browser settings on your computer or mobile device. You can reject cookies by following the directions provided in your Internet provider’s “help” file. If you reject cookies, you may still visit the Site, but may not be able to use some areas of the Site. Alternatively, you may visit www.allaboutcookies.org to obtain comprehensive general information about cookies and how to adjust the cookie settings on various browsers. This site also explains how to delete cookies from your computer.
We do not collect Personal Information in this way, but if you’ve provided us with Personal Information, we may associate that information with the information that is collected automatically. Automatic data collection may be performed on our behalf by our services providers.
• To provide you information on the products you have purchased through the Site;
• To identify you when you sign into your account;
• To respond to your requests and to provide you with information;
• To respond to your inquiries and contact you about changes to the Site;
• To send you notices (for example, in the form of e-mails, mailings, and the like) regarding products or services you are receiving, and for billing and collection purposes;
• To send you information we think you may find useful or that you have requested from us;
• To enhance and improve the Site or the Service, such as through personalized features and content;
• To analyze the use of the Site and the people visiting to improve our content and Site;
• To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our policies, or as otherwise required by law;
• For any other purposes disclosed at the time the information is collected or to which you consent; and
If you do not wish for us, any of our third-party vendors, or other government agency to view your information, DO NOT PROVIDE US WITH SUCH PERSONAL INFORMATION BY PURCHASING ANY AND ALL GOODS OR SERVICES PROVIDED BY HHC FROM TIME TO TIME.
HHC will also retain Usage Information for internal analysis purposes. Usage information is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen security or improve the functionality of our Services or Site, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer periods.
We do not disclose your Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
We, like many businesses, sometimes hire other companies to perform certain business-related functions. Examples include mailing information, maintaining databases, hosting services, and processing payments. When we employ another company to perform a function of this nature, we provide them with the information that they need to perform their specific function, which may include Personal Information. Some third-party programs include Google analytics, Admob by Google, ad colony by Jirbo Inc., and Facebook.
We may disclose your Personal Information and Usage Information to government authorities and to other third parties when compelled to do so by government authorities, at our discretion, or otherwise as required by law, including without limitation, in response to court orders and subpoenas. We may also disclose your Personal Information and Usage Information when we have reason to believe that someone is or may be causing injury to or interference with our rights or property, other users of this Site, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities.
No, as a general rule, we do not sell or rent your Personal Information to anyone. If and whenever we intend to share your Personal Information with a third party (other than to a business partner as provided herein), you will be notified at the time of data collection or transfer, and you will have the option of not permitting the transfer. However, we may from time to time rent or sell demographic information in the aggregate that does not contain your Personal Information.
Information for California Residents
Under California Law, California residents have the right to request in writing from businesses with whom they have an established business relationship, (a) a list of the categories of Personal Information, such as name, email and mailing address and the type of services provided to the customer, that a business has disclosed to third parties (including affiliates that are separate legal entities) during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes and (b) the names and addresses of all such third parties. To request the above information, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information for Individuals located in the European Union
If you reside within the European Economic Area (“EEA”), our processing of your personal information will be legitimized as follows:
• Whenever we require your consent for the processing of your personal information such processing will be justified pursuant to Article 6(1) lit. (a) of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (“GDPR”). This article in the GDPR describes when processing can be done lawfully.
• If the processing of your personal data is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and HHC or for taking any pre-contractual steps upon your request, such processing will be based on GDPR Article 6(1) lit. (b).”). If this data is not processed, HHC will not be able to execute the contract with you.
• And where the processing is necessary for the purposes of HHC’s legitimate interests, such processing will be made in accordance with GDPR Article 6(1) lit. (f), for example to detect fraud.
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have certain data protection rights. HHC aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Information. If you wish to be informed about what Personal Information, we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
• The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
• The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
• The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
• The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
• The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
• The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where HHC relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
If you are not from the EEA but wish to learn about what Personal Information, we may have collected about you or wish to amend, change, delete, or remove your Personal Information, please contact email@example.com and HHC will attempt to resolve your request if reasonably possible.
We can only discuss matters relating to your purchases and use of the Site through the email address used when the purchases are made. We cannot change, update, delete, or handle any other matters relating to any purchases made on the Site except with the individual who passed such order and through such original email address. We cannot provide any information regarding a purchase order over the phone or by any other method except through the email address on file.
If at any time, you no longer want to receive promotional e-mails and/or direct mailings, you may opt-out at any time by simply sending an e-mail request to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also choose to unsubscribe from our emails by following the instructions in the bottom of the email.
The Site is operated in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By providing us with any information through the Site, you consent to this transfer. If you are outside the United States and do not wish to allow the transfer of your personal information to the United States, you should not use these sites and you should opt-out of the collection of cookies